• navbar_01
  • navbar_02
  • navbar_03
  • navbar_04
  • navbar_05
  • navbar_06

Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Presents!

When I found this DIY I knew it would be perfect to do for my Christmas presents. I started searching for tins that would fit each of my friends individual style. It was actually pretty fun to make a mini theme for each friend and hunt down tins that went with it. Here are the three I have finished so far...still have a few more to go. For Jenn I picked a "World Traveller" theme, Jess got an "Elegant Vintage" theme, and Shawnee got a bit of a "Silly" theme because growing up we were so random together and I'm sure a mixed nuts joke is going to rear its head. I did kind of break the mold for her as I found a pashmina that I thought she would like in a really nice plum colour. Anyways, here are my creations... (inside all the tins are candles)





12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful idea! I love it.
    Ps - I've been meaning to email you about exchanging Christmas cards (the post you wrote a few days ago). Is it too late to sign up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a great idea - i love how unique it is :) i'm sure they're going to love it.

    http://project-vee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are so adorable, i love that you've really thought about it and made them personal :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, so personal and just perfect for those friends. Home made gifts are definitely the best ever. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. :D mixed nuts. In-joke gifts are just the best :)
    Sweet finds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea! I went to an estate sale many months ago and there were dozens upon dozens of vintage tins. I wanted to buy all of them, but had no real use, so I just bought one that I use for my spare buttons. I wish I had thought to do something like this though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great idea..I may have to steal it for a little project of my own this Christmas. You did such a good job on each of them..your friends will be so blessed! Ah, you're a gem! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are such wonderful ideas!! Great job!
    Oh I would find it halarious if we ran into each other in Banff of all places! Have a great time :)
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are so cute!!! what a wonderful idea for gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great idea! I might have to try this out!

    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in love with DIY Christmas gifts and these are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, these are so perfect :) LLOOVVEE the gifts! I want one for myself! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank You :D